For the current state of AIG research student projects, see the group web pages at: Advanced Interfaces Group
- Nicolas Gaborit, investigating the generation and use of virtual cityscapes for
distributed public consultation in urban design.
- Behaviour in VEs.
- Sylvain Daubrenet, looking at high-level ways for programming
activity for virtual environments - bringing the world to life.
- Network strategies for VEs.
- Ashwin Beeharee, researching methods for making distributed shared
worlds seem the same for everyone, even though network delays mean
that is impossible.
- Platform architectures.
- James Marsh, on an object architecture that allows the
entities in an environment to decompose into component facets. The aim is
to allow objects to migrate between environments that impose different
behaviours on their contents. The approach provides a platform for rapid
specification of object properties.
PhD Postgraduate students over the years
- Dave Snowden
- Rhys Jones
- Steve Pettifer
- Sylvain Daubrenet
- Nicholas Gaborit
- Kostas Papanikolaou
- David Gilbert
- Gary Ng
- James Marsh